Thank you for your interest in coaching with the Aurora Soccer Club. The Aurora Soccer club’s mandate is to promote and assist the development and enjoyment of soccer, and to develop the concepts of fair play, teamwork, competitive sportsmanship, ethical behaviour and good fellowship among all those involved in the beautiful game. As a coach with the Aurora Soccer Club you agree also to follow the coaching creed of the Saskatchewan Soccer Association and to adhere to the principle of Long Term Player Development. All coaches must fill out the following coaches application form.
Being a coach requires a significant investment of time. On average the head coach of a team requires the following time commitment:
· Planning Practices : 1-2 hours per week
· Practice Time: 1-3 session per week at 1 - 1.5 hours per session
· Games: 1 game per week at 1-2 hours per game depending on age group coached. Note that some weeks team may have a by-week and other week the team may play 2 games.
The requirements to coach are as follows:
· Respect in Sport
· Making Ethical Decisions
· Learn to Train (U9 D-League and U11)
· Soccer for Life (U15, U17 and U19)
These course will be offer by SSA and will be communicated to you by the Aurora Soccer Club or can be found on the SYSI website http://saskatoonyouthsoccer.ca
Should you be chosen to coach with the club, the Aurora Soccer Club will reimburse you for these coaching courses upon submission of your receipt to the club.
As a club we would also require a criminal records check.